There’s not long now before the ACFI changes take place – so it’s important that facility staff are focussing on the correct ACFI appraisals
There are 2 types of mandatory reappraisals you may want to intentionally leave until after June 30:
- Appraisals with an expiry date after June 30 (even if you rush to get them in now, it doesn’t matter – the new business rules will still apply)
- Appraisals with an expiry date before June 30 (you can wait, use your time better elsewhere, and still receive the funding of the current business rules)
So where should the focus be?
There are 3 types of voluntary appraisals that there should be a focus on completing and submitting before June 30th:
- The ‘D-C’ combinations, preventing a $7,500 p.a. decrease
- The ‘A-C’ combinations, preventing a $11,000 p.a. decrease
- Any reappraisal with the ‘significant change in dependancy’ business rule
This third one is especially important – if this voluntary reappraisal is completed after June 30 your facility may actually end up with less funding than you’re currently receiving (to care for a resident with increased clinical needs).
Click here for more information about completing a complex health care audit to identify which specific appraisals this applies to.