Providing a service that meets the clinical needs of residents while also being cost-effective can be tough. Below is a checklist that you might find helpful to ensure that all of your needs are being met.
The service provider is:
- Leaving all clinical documentation on-site to meet privacy requirements
- Printing off all clinical documentation at the site (rather than emailing it)
- Bulk-billing all eligible residents so there’s no cost to the resident (or the facility)
- Completing the administration associated with Medicare CDM/EPC forms
- Meeting Medicare’s requirement that the service is of at least 20 minutes duration
- Treating every resident 8-weekly (unless there’s a specific reason to see them more frequently)
- Maintaining a transparent review schedule of both the date last seen and when next due
- Visiting weekly if more than 120 beds (seeing 1/8 of residents and acute referrals)
- Visiting fortnightly if 50 to 120 beds (seeing 1/4 of residents and acute referrals)
- Visiting monthly only if less than 50 beds (seeing 1/2 of residents and acute referrals)
Podiatry should be a regular and consistent service to meet facilities’ needs (while assisting the bulk-billing process for all eligible residents).
Click here for more information about any of these points.